Heavy Menstrual Bleeding in Atlanta, GA
Tired of heavy periods holding you back? Dr. Joye K. Lowman is dual board-certified and specializes in heavy menstrual bleeding. Contact our clinic today in Atlanta GA to schedule an appointment. Call us at (404) 963-1544.
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
What is Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
1 in 5 women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding. Many women begin to experience heavy and/or irregular bleeding in their 30s and 40s, as they begin to get closer to menopause. Heavy periods are more than just a hassle - they take a physical, social, and emotional toll as well.
Studies show heavy menstrual bleeding can affect women in a number of ways:
- Many feel tired and nauseated
- Many experience bad cramps
- Many have headaches
- More than 60% have had to miss social or athletic events1
- About 80% report avoiding sex1
- 33% have been forced to miss work2
- 77% have depression or moodiness1
- 75% feel anxious2
- 57% report a lack of confidence during their period1
Heavy periods are not something with which you have to live. Today, there are a number of effective treatment options available.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center. Survey of women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding. Data on file; 2005.
- Cooper J, et al. A randomized, multicenter trial of safety and efficacy of the NovaSure system in the treatment of menorrhagia. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002; 9:418-428.
Schedule a Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Consultation in Atlanta, GA
Dr. Joye K. Lowman is board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and is highly experienced with treating heavy periods with the NovaSure endometrial ablation procedure. Contact our clinic today in Atlanta, GA to schedule an appointment. Call us at (404) 963-1544.